[rfu-automation] Re: [RFU] power outage & automation question

Stephen Fonzo fonzo.stephen at gmail.com
Fri Jun 26 15:07:20 CDT 2009

JIMBO is not running its auto start-up programs as it ought to - iTunes,
Zara, and Juice.  Until we resolve that, we will need anyone listening to
the station or working in the building to notify the mailing lists and
emergency contacts about power outages or dead air.  Thank you for dealing
with this on Tuesday, Jacob.

To lock JIMBO, you press Ctrl+Alt+Del ONCE and a dialog box will appear with
several options; one of those is "Lock Computer." This will require the next
user to supply the Automation password.  All active Automation members have
this code; if you would like to be active in the group and help produce and
schedule non-live content, please contact the Automation list (
rfu-automation at lists.chambana.net).

There will be an upcoming WRFU station workday, where all are encouraged to
help us with important projects to prepare and improve the station for next
year.  We will have a new Automation closet, next to the Production Room,
for independent access to JIMBO, the EAS Printer, and other station
equipment.

-Stephen

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Jacob Barton <udderbot at gmail.com> wrote:

> There were some power outages on Tuesday morning which might have
> caused the station to be off the air until the 11th Indian show
> noticed on Wednesday.
>
> Also, how does one lock Jimbo the automation computer?
>
> Thanks,
> Jacob

Stephen Fonzo
Media Training Advisor