[rfu-automation] Re: (slowly) moving forward

Stephen Fonzo fonzo.stephen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 11:42:16 CDT 2009

Greetings, RFU Automation Members,

We had a very productive station workday this past Saturday, so thank you to
all who came and helped.  In terms of Automation-specific tasks, we did or
have begun the following:

1) installed and tested Joe's iTunes-Zara playlist converter (which will be
added as a final step to Maggie and Alex's Automation/Music Library training
manual)
2) introduced a few station members to using Zara
3) recorded a variety of IDs, promos, and announcements to be run in
automation (after edits are done)
4) processing the CDs on the studio shelves has begun, with the help of UIUC
Alternative Spring Break volunteers; this involves cataloging CDs in
Tellico, an open-source software program, which will later be integrated
into the IMC's Librarians catalog, and re-organizing the shelves in-studio.

We still need volunteers to accept the following responsibilities:

1) Automation list moderator
2) AUTOMATION  Group Coordinator, call and facilitate meetings, report to
main station meeting
 3) Maintain public affairs podcasts on automation system
 4) Process new music (2 people can share this task, as it is ongoing) -
this involves receiving new music, differentiating local from non-local and
clean from explicit, entering clean and local music into iTunes and Zara,
and adding to the automated rotation [advice: contact artists to learn which
tracks are clean/explicit instead of listening to everything]

Please write to the Automation list if you are interested in helping the
station by doing any of the above.  Remember, everyone is encouraged to
check the station task lists.

--
Stephen Fonzo
Media Training Advisor