[rfu-membership] how do I get a show? and Propose a show! section changes...

Ken Urban kurban at parkland.edu
Thu Feb 22 19:23:40 CST 2007

I'd let the membership decide on this at the next meeting. (That all
members are required to have a wrfu website login).  I'm actually
against this because:

I don't think computer skills should be a prerequsite for getting a show
on WRFU

Also, many shows don't have logins on the website, why should rules be
different for new shows?

Ken

Ken Urban
Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
Parkland College

Office: B129A
           (217)-353-2246
>>> "dan blah" <dan.blah at gmail.com> 02/22/07 6:21 PM >>>
I have edited the 'how do I get a show?' section to display different
things depending on the authentication state of the view.
if the user is not logged in they see:
1.) Search the schedule for a desired free slot
2.) Register on this site
3.) After completing the registration please return here logged in to
complete the proposal form.
NOTE: A show proposal will require a minimum of 2 hosts registered on
this website.

numbers 1 & 2 being links

if the user is logged in they will see the original:
1.) Search the schedule for a desired free slot
2.) Register on this site
3.) Complete a show proposal form

numbers 1, 2, & 3 being links

i have also set the 'Propose a show!' form accessible only by
authenticated users to combat spam and ensure hosts are registering on
the site.

i have changed the proposal form a bit as well requiring wrfu.net
username, real name, and an email address from at least 2 cohosts as
well as made things a bit more descriptive.

thoughts, issues?

--
Daniel