[rfu-membership] Re: [RFU] HEADS UP

Noel L. Vivar nlvivar at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 13:10:44 CDT 2007

I was just thinking about while I was reading over all the email in
the past few weeks from people missing their shows. The email were
send the day/night before or even the day of their shows.

I didn't want to put anyone on the spot, but was just proposing
tightening up the policy a bit so that it is more useful for everyone
at the station, not to make yet another requirement. Earlier notices
would mean a better chance for people to substitute for airshifters.

Missing being at the station, but trying to stay connect from afar... -Noel

On 6/15/07, Mike Lehman <rebelmike at earthlink.net> wrote:
> Noel,
> Ideally, it would be good to have as much notice as possible that a slot
> will be available. WE should encourage that, as it's in part what the
> summer/sabbatical policy is based on. However, I know that in Ann's
> case, she may not be in a position to decide whether she'll be able to
> do the show until shortly beforehand.
>
> A bigger issue is whether we should set some limit on non-availability
> and show timeslaot retention, even with proper notice. Right now, if a
> group does not give notice and misses more than 2 shows, they lose their
> show (theoretically). Until we can get the energy to get the no-notice
> problem solved, I'm not much inclined to worry about those shows which
> go to the trouble to give us the notice that we've requested in such
> situations.
> Mike Lehman
>
> Noel L. Vivar wrote:
> > Not to put Ann on the spot, but I'd like to raise a issue to see if we
> > want to add to our policy.
> >
> > I am glad that airshifters have taken to our policy of advance notice
> > of absences to heart and have been posting to the mailing list. The
> > issue that I would like to bring up is that non-absences should be
> > ideally be posted a week in advance so that everyone knows that a time
> > slot is free and so it could possibly be filled with a live airshifter.
> >
> > Would we possibly want to extend the advance notice of absences policy
> > so that the notice needs to be sent out a week in advance? I know that
> > I try to post something at least five days in advance.
> >
> > -Noel
> >
> > On 6/14/07, *Ann Sibley* <ibgm1992 at insightbb.com
> > <mailto:ibgm1992 at insightbb.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     Heads Up not broadcasting Friday – June 15 2007 -

Noel L. Vivar
505 E. Clark, Apt. 24
Champaign, IL 61820-4420
c.630.740.5775