[rfu-membership] Re: [RFU] HEADS UP

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 15 12:16:02 CDT 2007

Noel,
Ideally, it would be good to have as much notice as possible that a slot
will be available. WE should encourage that, as it's in part what the
summer/sabbatical policy is based on. However, I know that in Ann's
case, she may not be in a position to decide whether she'll be able to
do the show until shortly beforehand.

A bigger issue is whether we should set some limit on non-availability
and show timeslaot retention, even with proper notice. Right now, if a
group does not give notice and misses more than 2 shows, they lose their
show (theoretically). Until we can get the energy to get the no-notice
problem solved, I'm not much inclined to worry about those shows which
go to the trouble to give us the notice that we've requested in such
situations.
Mike Lehman