[rfu-membership] Last Call for RFU Membership Renewals Before Show Cancellations Begin

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 4 15:33:45 CST 2007

For the most part, this note is the minutes of the RFU-Mmembership
meeting of Sunday, Nov. 4, 2007. The meeting primarily dealt with
resolving the status of programming groups who've NOT yet renewed at
least two trained members. All RFU membership renewals were due October 31.

Please note that there may be some minor errors in these lists, due to
this project falling to the usual small group of volunteers. If you find
one, info will be given below about what to do about it.

List 1
For the first list, here are those shows that have renewed at least two
members and whose program slots are secure. Give yourself a pat on the
back and look forward to your show through the next year:
Almost Lunch
Clean through the Word
Cuban/Missel Crisis
Heads Up
Higher Praise
IBGM
Logic Consortium
Sabah Nuur
Sisters on the Air
Sonic Asylum
Soul Refreshing
The Show
Word & Song

List 2
Second, here are shows that do have one member renewed, but NEED at
least one more member renewed ASAP to be current or they will risk
losing the show in the near future, as described below:
Civil Music
Electric Koolaid
Friction Radio
Lolaka ya Africa
Radio Triple R
Nomadic Coral Reef
Seed of Faith
William Jones

List 3
Third, here are shows that are currently being logged as on air in the
studio, but who have NO members listed as renewed yet, so will be losing
the show in the near future, as described below:

11th Indian
The 4 O-'clock Spot
Back in the Day
Blackout Forecast
Blue Flame Radio
The Butterflies Are Passive-Aggressive
Critical Ear
Daughters of Eve
Extension
The Junction
Kingdom Building Ministries
Muslim Mosaic
Progressive Personal Finance
Radio Edit
Sunday Night Sound System

List 4
Fourth, these are shows that are on the schedule, but which have not
been logged and for which we did not find email notices of any of the
missed shows being canceled. Technically, any show which fails to log
two weeks in a row without notice via email to the list is automatically
canceled.

Habari Connection
Town Talk
Word Up Radio

I have heard from a number of people who say that they will be renewing
in the next day or two or "soon." Remember that RFU-Membership is
working from the IMC/RFU membership renewal forms that you submit. If
you haven't done that yet, you need to do so ASAP at this point.

Please note that we do have a list by personal name of everyone who's
renewed or is a recently joined member. I haven't used them here to
protect everyone's privacy. Also, this info was current as of about last
Wednesday, so if you've renewed since it may not be reflected here. If
there is something that you know needs to be corrected, please advise.
For instance, we received several memberships recently that didn't
indicate a programming group on the form, so we're not sure which, if
any, programming group these people may represent.

At this point, if there is info that needs to be corrected, it is the
individual programming group's members who have the responsibility to
bring any needed corrections to the attention of
rfu-membership at ucimc.org  -- ASAP, please.

If you have any questions about your personal membership status or the
status of your programming group, you can also bring them to the next
RFU general membership meeting on Tuesday, Nov. 6 at 8pm. At that
meeting, we will finalize the following proposal from RFU-Membership.

Proposal to Revise Schedule and Offer Open Slots
At the second RFU meeting of November, Nov. 20, any existing programming
group that doesn't have at least two members renewed (i.e. are on List 1
above, along with any additions to it) as of the meeting time at 8pm
will be officially declared as open. The lock combination to the studio
door will be changed and the combination will only be given to those
programming groups fully qualified to join List 1.

The 72-hour rule can be invoked to distribute these open slots to
existing shows at this point. Qualified programming groups may be given
the new combination and will be allowed to try different times per our
decision at the last meeting on the opening of slots due to non-renewals.

Membership suggests waiting until the December 4 meeting to officially
allocate the new time slots to relocating or new shows. This is because
so many slots will likely be made available on Nov. 20, the Thanksgiving
holiday, and to let the lock combination change to be fully in effect in
order to minimize issues related to show cancellations.

An edited version of the above lists and instructions will be posted to
the studio door and on the bulletin board inside. If you haven't been
checking your email this is the last and only opportunity to communicate
to you how important it is to have your programming group properly
renewed before you find your show canceled due to non-compliance.

In other business at today's RFU-Membership meeting...

A Reminder: About half of all renewals did not indicate a RFU working
group your programming group is a part of. All programming groups must
be a member of at least one working group. Please ask if you don't know
how to find a working group's email list in order to participate.

At the next RFU-Membership meeting, Nov. 18 at noon, we will finalize
suggested revisions to the IMC membership form so that we can get vital
info recorded properly for maintaining the RFU membership database.

Mike will check at Tuesday's general membership meeting to see if there
is interest in combining RFU-Finance and RFU-Membership working groups
or if we'd get more participation by retaining different meeting dates
for each working group.
Mike Lehman