[rfu-membership] Re: [RFU] Information on Re-Start of AON Radio

Noel L. Vivar nlvivar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 10:48:43 CDT 2007

I don't know about this. They were pretty blatant about breaking our
*FCC policies.* If they have cleaned up their act, then it may be ok.
My inclination is to reject outright considering how serious and
blatant the policy infractions were, but I may be quite harsh.

This is kind of a policy decision... how quick are we to forgive bad
airshifter behaviour? Does the gravity of the infractions have any
impact on the decision to welcome back a group?

I would suggest that we talk about this at a membership meeting
/before/ AON comes to make their request. At the very least talk about
this over email on the intertubes...

-Noel

On 9/19/07, Ken Urban <KUrban at parkland.edu> wrote:
> Hey Will,
>
> I heard you guys on WPGU ... good deal.  Anyway, since RFU is a collective, and this is a new situation, I'm going to have to defer you to the membership.  I'd suggest stopping by a full membership meeting, 1st and 3rd Tuesday of the month at 8pm.
>
> If you don't want to wait that long, you can try the membership committee, which I've cc'ed on this email.
>
> Ken

> Ken Urban
> Assoc. Prof., Computer Science
> Parkland College
>
> Office: B129A
>            (217)-353-2246

> PLEASE FORWARD TO KEN URBAN
>

> Hello Ken,
>

> This is Will Hawkins from All or Nuthing Productions / Urban L. Media (The
> Urban League of Champaign County).
>

> Well, we have gone back to the drawing board and have re-done our show
> format.
>

> I am requesting information on how I can start our show back on Friday's.
>

> I see currently that the spot is occupied by general feeds with no DJ's. I
> would be very interested in filling in that 8pm - 10pm spot.
>

> Please let me know what steps to take to continue our show production.
>

> I can be reached at 217.530.1179 or response to this email.
>

> Thanks for everything.
>

> WiLL

Noel L. Vivar
505 East Clark Street, Apartment 24