[rfu-membership] Re: [RFU] Information on Re-Start of AON Radio

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 20 12:23:27 CDT 2007

I share Noel's concerns. I reviewed my FCC issues file and found the
correspondence about AON. We decided to put them on a month's probation
and then they violated our policy again. We determined that any further
violations would permanently end the show. This situation only occurred
in April 2007. AON never did follow-up at that point, by getting back to
us, either at a meeting or by email.

Given these circumstances, I would suggest a year's hiatus before anyone
associated with AON can reapply for a show. I would also suggest a
period of probation (three months?) from the start of any new show slot
by them, should we decide to allow them back on the air, with any new
violations resulting in a lifetime RFU ban for those involved should it
occur. We place ourselves in jeopardy if we're not firm and proactive
about such violations, so we must have a clearcut understanding from all
involved that we take such issues very seriously.

Does this sound like a viable proposal? If so, I'll communicate it to
AON and cc this list. However, I want Membership to sign off on it
first, so let me know if this is OK or whether we should modify it.
Mike Lehman