[rfu-membership] Re: [RFU] Information on Re-Start of AON Radio

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 30 15:28:00 CDT 2007

Hi Will,
The RFU-Membership group discussed AON's interest in resuming production
of a show on WRFU today at our meeting.

There was great concern about letting AON resume production, due to the
issues with this programming group last spring at WRFU. There seemed to
be no control of the show's content by any of those responsible to the
RFU membership for ensuring that AON complies with all FCC and RFU rules
and policies. There was no response to attempts by the membership to
communicate our concerns to AON. And the same violations were repeated
on the next show, leading to loss of your air time on WRFU.

The RFU-Membership group will be proposing at Tuesday's RFU meeting that
AON be allowed to reapply for a show slot in April 2008, a year after
your programming group was removed from the air for the issues I noted
above. If AON chooses to reapply and is granted a time slot, you will
start your new show under an automatic 3-month probation period, during
which any FCC or RFU policy violation will result in permanent loss of
access to WRFU air time for all those involved in the AON programming
group. After the 3-month probation period is over, all FCC and WRFU
rules and regulations will still be observed and enforced, just as they
are for all WRFU shows.

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh, as we want RFU to be available to a
wide variety of diverse voices in our community. However, our previous
work together raises concerns that AON should never again threaten the
access RFU gives to all these other voices by any repeat of AON's
previous on-air conduct and content violations. We'll be discussing this
proposal at the Tuesday night meeting at 8pm in the IMC Family Room.
Mike Lehman