[rfu-membership] Re: Radio broadcast and membership

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 3 12:08:08 CST 2008

Hi C.D.,
If you want one of the open slots shown on the current schedule at:
http://www.radiofreeurbana.org/station/schedule/week
there most likely won't be any problem getting it. You request will need
to be ratified at a station meeting. It's possible to get your proposal
approved without having the training done yet. Since most of those doing
training won't be back in town until after Jan. 13, it may not be
possible to get that accomplished before the next station meeting on the
15th.

You should go ahead and pay membership before or at our next station
meeting on Jan. 15. You can also do this at the next Membership meeting,
which is also at the IMC on Jan. 13 at noon, if that is more convenient.
Or you can stop by the IMC weekdays between 10am and noon and speak with
Joy, the IMC's office manager to take care of membership.

I am cc-ing this to Membership, which actually handles requests such as
yours.You'll want to fill out the online show proposal form at:
http://www.radiofreeurbana.org/get-on-air
This link also has info that covers all the requirements in more detail.
When you submit your show proposal, it has a section on it where you can
request training. Training is also coordinated on the RFU-Membership
list. The form is sent to the Membership list once you've submitted it.
Mike Lehman