[rfu-membership] Membership Meeting Notes, Jan. 13, 2008

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 13 12:40:19 CST 2008

Attending: Noel, Mike

Discussed Janice's compilation of shows who are logging or sending
proper notice of missed shows -- or failing to do that. Failing to log
your show is a FCC violation. Failure to send notice of a missed show is
a WRFU policy violation. Either one of these can result in show
cancellation. Needless to say, about half the shows presently on the air
could be immediately canceled at this point. As station manager, I am
considering this if the situation doesn't improve immediately. Please
remember that you MUST either show up to do your show and properly sign
the log after doing the transmitter check OR you MUST send notice that
you're missing your show to the RFU-Membership list.

We have been counting missed show notices sent to the main RFU list,
however you should send missed shows notices only to
rfu-membership at lists.chambana.net in the future so that we can more
easily account for missed shows.

Please do NOT send missed show notices to the RFU-station list.

The current list of who has been properly logging their shows and who
has not been is on the membership list that Janice compiled follows:
The format I'm using is # times logged/# times gave e-mail notice of not
airing/# times not logged or given notice. Obviously we want the first
number to be highest, followed by the second number and we should be
shooting for “0” as the third number. I may have missed an e-mail notice
for a show here or there (and if I did, I apologize), but this list
shows the trends, starting with Sunday shows through those on Saturday.

Clean Through the Word: 8/0/1

Sisters on Air: 7/2/0

William Jones: 7/0/2

Higher Praise: 7/0/2

Sexy Geek Speak: recently re-added to the line up? No info.

Sunday Night Sound: 6/0/3

Mixx Vibes: 4/0/5 (I think this is a new show that started in
December...they've missed one show since then)

Andrew Lloyd Weber: 7/0/2

Kingdom Building Ministries: 6/0/3

IGBM: 2/5/2

Cuban Missel Crisis: 4/4/1

Radio Triple R: 4/0/5

Friction Radio: 6/0/3

Extensions: 6/0/3

Word and Song: 7/0/2

The 4:00 Spot: 6/0/3

Radio Edit: 8/0/1

Agora Urbana: 2/0/7

Back in the Day: 0/0/9

Lolaka Ya Africa: 5/2/2

Muslim Mosaic: 7/1/1

Sonic Asylum: 8/1/0

Have the Conversation: new show, no info.

11^th Indian: 8/0/1

Almost Lunch: 5/1/3

The 4:00 Spot: 4/0/5

A Critical Ear: 3/0/6

Nomadic Coral Reef: 6/0/3

The Junction: 3/1/5

Progressive Personal Finance: 7/0/2

Heads Up: 1/5/3

Seed of Faith: 6/1/2

Logic Consortium: 5/0/4

Word Up Radio: new show ? No Info.

Civil Music: 3/0/6

The Show: 5/1/3

Blu Flame Radio: 3/0/6

Sabaah Nuur: 4/2/3

Daughter’s of Eve: 6/1/2

Soul Refreshing: 4/1/4

Noel thought he'd done better than that and he may have something to
add. However, as Janice pointed out, it does show a disturbing trend
that could result in serious problems for the station. One suggestion
that Noel had was that studio computer could be configured so that the
dj MUST sign on before it would take down the automation and allow
access to the air by those in the studio. Mike thinks this a good idea,
but doesn't know how to implement it. It may just be easier to cancel
shows that are not in compliance with proper logging or missed show
notices. This would free up lots of air time.
Mike Lehman