[rfu-membership] Re: Radio broadcast and membership

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Jan 14 11:09:15 CST 2008

Hi C.D.,
Training is available at various times. I know that there is training on
Friday and Saturday, also.

I think you're referring to the Membership group (currently Sunday
before station meeting dates at noon) and station meeting (the first and
third Tuesday of the month at 8pm) times. There are other possibilities
for meetings also.

One thing to be aware of is the requirement for attendance and
participation at our meetings. Basically, a member of your programming
group does have to make one meeting a month of some type.

Reference your show proposal, did you register and login on the website
to do that? At least one other person who is in your programming group
must also be registered on the website, as you have to enter their info
also. Once you've done that, then you have access to fill out and submit
the show proposal form at:
http://www.radiofreeurbana.org/get-on-air

When you fill out and send the form, it copies it to our membership
group's email list. I don't recall seeing anything from you come through
yet. Be aware that there is also a dummy form on the website to give you
info on the info required to complete the actual form, such as the open
time slots that must be found by looking at the current show schedule.
The dummy form is clearly marked as so, but it's possible you could have
overlooked that, which is why we may not have your show proposal yet.

Once we have a show proposal, then the station meeting must act on your
application to approve you going on the air once you're signed up for
membership and have completed training. The next station meeting is
tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 15, so if you can get us a show proposal by then
and get training scheduled we may be able to act on it then. Please be
aware that you cannot go on the air until you're trained, even if we
approve you app at the station meeting. The next meeting after tomorrow
is Feb. 5.

I've cc-ed my reply to you to our Membership group. I will be stepping
down as station manager in the next month and will be out of town a lot
this spring, so you should send further inquiries to that address so
that others are aware of what is going on. That list is also the one
that coordinates training, so that you can make arrangements for that.
Mike Lehman