[rfu-membership] show proposal recieved

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 2 15:43:25 CDT 2008

We have received your show proposal for a news and commentary show and look forward to working with you.  A show featuring news, commentary and interviews would be great, and the time slot on Monday from 4-5 PM is open.  I think that you only requested half an hour, and it is my understanding that we keep everything on the schedule in whole hour increments.  I have copied this to others who have been with the station longer than I have so that they can comment.

  Also, I notice that you do not name a cohost.  RFU's policy is that each show  have at least two members of a programming group.  Another option, if you do not have someone available to join you, is to be a freelancer.  This would mean that you are not listed in the schedule as a regular show, and you do not have reserved time slot, but you would be able to use any open time slot when you wanted to use the studio.

  I notice that you requested training with Dan Blah, so perhaps you know him?  I have copied him with this message also.
  times available are:
  12-2PM Tuesday's with Blah;12-2PM Thursday's with Blah;

  Another step to be done would be submitting your membership application and fees.   A membership in both the IMC and WRFU is needed, and the form is located at the IMC on the table inside the double doors.  I will e-mail you a scanned copy as well.

  WRFU has two general meetings a month.  The June meetings are Tuesday, June 3rd at 8 PM and Saturday June 21st at 1:00 PM. It would be great if you are able to attend a meeting to learn more about the station.

  Let me know, please, when you have settled on a definite date for training with Dan, or if you have trouble getting that coordinated.

  Once training and membership is completed for everyone in your programming group, the show will need to be approved at a general meeting.  If you decide to work as a freelancer, I don't believe approval is needed at a general meeting -- but once again -- those who have been around longer than I, may correct me.

  Lavana Hawkins