[rfu-membership] Re: show proposal recieved

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Sat Jun 7 18:18:09 CDT 2008

I'm not aware of any policy about scheduling in hour-long chunks.
We've generally preferred to do so, as it makes fitting different
slots together easier.

Some thoughts:
* We're interested in building out weekdays 4-8pm as a public affairs
block. Some of the syndicated content in the 4-5 and 6-7pm slots is
in 30 minute lengths, so it may make sense to fit your show in there,
so it would either be followed by a 30 minute show (such as War News
Radio or Corporate Watchdog Radio) or would replace one of those shows.
* If we can build a group interested in news programming in the
coming months, it may be desirable to move around some of our
afternoon programming to make regular space for news content. If you
were flexible in taking part in this it would be helpful.
* If you don't have a partner you could also join with an existing
programming group. It would be feasible for an existing group to
extend their slot by 30 minutes to integrate your content, or to
request an additional separate slot. You would be able to work out
exact arrangements with members of that group, such as how time would
be divided - the important thing would be that you would be jointly
responsible for the slot as a whole.

Hope this helps.

Andrew