[rfu-membership] Telephone channel problems

Noel L. Vivar nlvivar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 19:53:40 CDT 2008

I have received two calls in the past two days concerning getting the
WRFU telephone on air. I have tried to talk through the problem with
the airshifters to determine and rectify the problem, but the problem
was not solved both times.

A few of things that I think that brings up:
1) tech: Can someone look into this problem? I don't think either
ladies that I talked to filed a tech report, so this is probably the
first time it's getting reported.

2) training: I am pretty sure that both ladies were trained through
"unofficial" means. Hopefully, when I'm back in town, I'll have more
time this year and actually start up the retraining, but I think that
incidents like this make retraining very important.

3) training: Everyone should be aware that anything wrong in the
studio should be reported to tech.

4) tech and training: a standard system of naming conventions that
everyone knows may help the over-the-telephone/tech report
troubleshooting.

Anyways, I'm sorry that I can't help much over the summer, but I'm
glad to take the calls.

-Noel

--
Noel L. Vivar