[rfu-membership] Membership update

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 2 21:50:32 CDT 2008

Here are some things that the membership and training group has had going on.

  Four recent show submissions:

  John Gergely and Natalie Havlin submitted a show proposal for The Tipping Point, requesting the open Wed 8PM-10PM time slot.  They have completed their training and have turned in their membership fees.  So they are good to go.

  Anna Ustupski and Daryl Mccurdy submitted a show proposal for our time, your time, wont you time.  Anna met with Lavana for training (but there is a lot Lavana doesn't know, so we are hoping someone else will be able to meet with her the first time she does a show.) Anna mentioned that Daryl is still considering what he wants to do, and that the name of the show will be changing. If she ends up not having a partner, she may decide to freelance for awhile. She has filled out her membership forms, but has not turned them in yet.  She is planning on being at the general meeting, and may have some questions about how things work at the station and in the studio.

  Brian Mertz and Dan Blah turned in a show proposal for Chilled Beats for the same Wed time slot that John and Natalie requested.  Brian came to the membership meeting and said they are changing their proposed time to Midnight Wed to 2 A.M. Thursday.  Dan obviously is already a member and so he will take care of Brian's training. Brian had not turned in his membership dues yet, as far as we know.

  A new proposal came in Sunday.  Maxwell Tomaszewski requested a half hour time slot Monday 4PM-4:30PM without a co host.  Lavana sent him an e-mail explaining the need for a co-host and that time slots are one hour.  She also told him about the general meeting so he may be there.  Maxwell requested training with Dan Blah, and an e-mail has been sent to Dan.

  During all of these show proposals, the question of prorated memberships came up.  I (Lavana) had understood last Fall that since we have gone to a yearly membership -- with everyone renewing simultaneously that if people join during the year that they paid $1.50 per month.  Mike Lehman perhaps remembers that conversation --- did I get that wrong Mike?  Maybe it was talked about, and stuck in my head, and something different was decided on?

  Michael Squeo heard mention of the Everybody Has a Voice program while listening to the station and sent an e-mail requesting more information.

  In May, we had one adult guest for the Everybody Has a Voice show, and one family for the Kids on the Radio program.

  Here is the schedule for June for the Everybody Has a Voice and Kids on the Radio programs.

  June 7 none
  June 14 Voice Storytelling Guild
              Kids 4H group
  June 21 none
  June 28 Voice none
               Kids 4H group

  Janice Lilly and her family are taking a break.  Their show time slot, Sisters on the Air, Sundays 12-1:00 is open, and Janice is no longer keeping a record of the show log.  A volunteer is needed to take care of this.  It just involves marking on a spreadsheet from the show log, every show that has signed, and keeping track of shows that send an e-mail saying that they will not be on the air.  The Lilly's are planning on coming back at some point to a different time slot.

  Lavana S. Hawkins