[rfu-membership] show proposals / schedule updates

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 7 00:27:48 CDT 2008

Here are the show proposals / schedule updates that may come up at tomorrow night's meeting.

Mikel Lenard:
has completed training, has paid membership.
I believe his partner will be Cesar Delgado.  Cesar is also trained and paid.
But so far, there has been no online show proposal.  Mikel made a verbal proposal to Andrew before the last meeting, but it turned out that spot already belonged to the Junction.  They informed us that they had been on hiatus and had returned and the spot was returned to them. Mikel has never submitted an online proposal, but if he can find an open spot and get his proposal turned in, membership group recommends approval of his show.

Tiger Beats
Lainey Waugh Clara Hoag
original request was Sun 8-9, but 8-10 has been given to Audio Conspiracy.
Mem is paid, and we believe training is completed, but the forms have not found their way back yet.  I may find them tomorrow.
No representative from Tiger Beats was at the last meeting, so the show did not complete the approval process.
At this point a new time slot needs to be found.

Utopist not Utopic
Marina Castillo ; Angela
requested Sun 6-7 which is currently open
I currently do not have a record of their training or membership, but I may find it tomorrow.
Once again, no representative from this show was present at the last meeting, so we did not complete the approval process.

Andrew Lloyd Weber to ZZ Top
Randall Hawkins ; Lavana Hawkins
paid membership and trained, submitted online proposal 8/17/08, posted on e-mail for the Thurs spot a couple of days after the last meeting.
show was approved at the last meeting, but a brand new show requested the same time slot and the Hawkins gave it to them
The current request is for Thurs evening 7-8 which has been posted to the email list and not contested.  The spot was on the list to Mikel as an open time slot.  If he requests it, the Hawkins will let him have it.

Sabaah Nuur, Daughters of Eve, and Back in the Day have not been heard from, so it is presumed that they are not returning from hiatus and they are no longer on the schedule.  No existing shows have requested their spots.

Lolaka ya Afrika informed us that he will not be returning.  No one has requested his spot.

IBGM has given up its timeslot on Mondays noon till 2 pm.  No one has requested it.