[rfu-membership] Re: Fwd: [Rfu-station] Upcoming Code Change

Tom Garza tgarza at precisiongraphics.com
Tue Oct 7 13:12:30 CDT 2008

Lavana, Andrew, all . . .

I am aware that the intention of the two-person programming group is
to promote a sense of community, ensure regularity etc., and given
our shows' somewhat atypical situation (one member always around, the
other seldom, if ever), we've done our best to continue to make this
a mutli-person show despite the fact that 99% of the time only one of
us actually goes to the meetings, shows up in the studio and so on.
To this end no matter where she is -- within the continental US and
without -- Gen tries to call in and at least appear on the show by
phone on a regular basis.

We'd hoped that the extra effort would be enough to satisfy the
spirit of the rules if not the actual letter, but as WRFU grows and
attempts are made to pull things together, we are aware that this
effort may no longer suffice.

Regarding a date for Gen to be trained, I really couldn't say. Given
her workload and the time and expense of traveling all the way back
here, it would really just depend on other circumstances which I am
not in a position to predict at the moment.

I sent her the form and she told me that she sent in her dues but at
this moment I don't know when that was so for the moment I can't
answer that question either.

tom g