[rfu-membership] membership update

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Tue Mar 3 21:45:02 CST 2009

Hello,
I sent this message earlier today individually to all those who checked their training form that they would like to work with the membership and training group. I am also sending it to the membership e-mail list.

Since we have not been able to have a membership group meeting regularly, I thought that you all might appreciate knowing what has been going on with membership issues recently, and some jobs that need some help.

I have been trying to keep a record this year of all those groups that have been signing the log.  Any assistance with this project would be greatly appreciated.   We  need someone to enter the information in the spreadsheet at least once a month, and someone to enter the shows not airing.  Then we need  someone to compile that information into a report.

Next year we hope to be able to do the same thing with meeting attendance. We already have a spreadsheet created to enter meeting attendance on.  This will make it possible to see at a glance which programming groups are attending meetings.  The plan is that one member of each working group will have access to the meeting attendacnce report on google docs, to enter their workiging group's attendance.  We will need a volunteer to enter the attendance at the general meetings.  And a volunteer to compile a report once a month to let everyone know where they stand in fulfilling their meeting attendance requirement.

This year we have made great head way in programming groups being accountable for signing the log.  Next year we hope to do the same thing with meeting attendance.  Your thoughts on ways to do this are greatly appreciated.  Especially if you have ideas on how to create accountability in positive ways, or can assist in record keeping with either the log or meeting attendance.

Another ongoing issue is keeping blank show logs in the studio.  This is a simple task that has a large effect and anyone in the membership group can take care of.  Currently there are only a couple of blank sheets in the studio.  I hope to make it past Dixon today and get some more made, but I am not sure I will be able to make it.

We also try to keep a print copy of the schedule posted on the bulletine board in the lobby and in the studio.  If anyone would like to take over this task, I can send them my file of the printed schedule that they can keep updated.

Keeping the bulletine board in the studio posted with current phone numbers, etc would be very helpful.

At the last general meeting there was a discussion about creating more of a community feeling between program groups.  The thought was that is would encourage involvement in the studio as a whole.  One suggestion was that shows invite other shows to visit their them.  We (More CFK) sent out a message to do this, and ABC sides will be visiting us in March.  This will give us a chance to get to know each other, and we will promote ABC Sides in our Monday morning time slot.  I would encourage each of you to think of ways that you can do this also.  The general feeling at the meeting was that groups feel isolated, and if we can bring them together more, our feeling of community will grow stronger. Do you have any ideas to help this?

Lavana S. Hawkins