[rfu-membership] RFU backpage

Carly Nix nix.carly at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 13:43:04 CST 2009

Hello RFU,

Today I created a backpage for RFU, in order to communicate about
projects and problems in a more organized way.  It's a webpage, but
you need an account name and password to access it, so it's not
entirely open to the public.

The backpage is part of the IMC website, at
http://rfu.backpage.ucimc.org/.  It could be moved to the rfu.net site
if that's desirable.

The features include a calendar, a blog, a place to upload and access
documents, and a case tracker, where you can create "cases" and track
your progress on resolving problems.

To create an account, go to http://rfu.backpage.ucimc.org/ and click
on the "Create new account" tab.  Make sure to select the box "Join
Radio Free Urbana."  Please poke around and explore the features and
functions, and leave feedback or comments on the posts and entries
I've created.

For example, I created a case for the CD player here:
http://rfu.backpage.ucimc.org/node/269, and the studio monitors here:
http://rfu.backpage.ucimc.org/node/271.

I find that using the backpage platform is helpful for me to document
what I'm doing.  For me, information gets lost and communications
become confused in our sea of email lists.

If no one else is interested in using this website, that's fine.  It
would just be helpful for me to get feedback on my work and answers to
questions.

Thanks,
Carly

--