[rfu-membership] WRFU membership meeting 9/1/09 minutes

Lori A. Serb loriserb at loriserb.info
Thu Sep 10 19:54:15 CDT 2009

WRFU membership meeting 9/1/09 minutes

Attending Mark Mammen, Dave Williams, Rau´l Melgar, Tom Garza, Lori Serb
Facilitator and Minutes: Lori Serb

Next meeting: Saturday 9/12/09 to vote on Sunday 6-8PM slot proposal

	• UPCOMING MEETING SCHEDULE
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19, 2009 @ 1 PM
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2009 @ 8 PM
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2009 @ 1 PM
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2009 @ 8 PM
*** All meetings take place at the IMC located at 202 S. Broadway,
Urbana, IL 61801. ***

SHOW PROPOSAL:
Mark Mammen and Dave Williams, filled out an WRFU application and
would like to propose a Public Affairs program dealing with local
sports (high school, college and park district sports, etc.) The show
would also include interviews with local sports folks. The slot they
are looking at is Sunday 6p-8p. ALL MEMBERS may come vote on the
Sunday 6-8PM slot proposal at the Next meeting: Saturday 9/12/09.:

  AmeriCorps
Discussion about the Public I working with WRFU on a combined News
Media Coordinator position through AmeriCorps.

background: The Serve Illinois Commission, responsible for all state
AmeriCorps programs in Illinois, has awarded the UCIMC 8 AmeriCorps
members. The Urbana-Champaign Independent Media Center is seeking  an
AmeriCorps Program Director and to help pay for that position  All of
the programs of the IMC are being asked to help financially with this
effort. WRFU would be paying $200/month for 1 year.  Lori  had a
meeting on 8/29/09 with Public I folks and Nicole to discuss the issue.
WRFU members at the 9/1/09 meeting felt more information is needed
before a decision can be made. More discussion will take place at WRFU
membership meeting on 9/12.
ACTION ITEMS: Lori will email Joy to find out WRFU finance details.
She will also have a 2nd meeting on 9/12 with Public I folks and
Nicole. A decision needs to be made in October.

WRFU t-shirts--we are very low. Lori will get in touch with Miko about
printing up some more.

FARMER's MARKET
Jacob will organize Farmer's Market WRFU presence. Can you help? Dates
your help is needed: 9/19, 9/26, 10/3, 10/17, 10/24, 10/31, 11/7.
Contact him directly if you can help: udderbot at gmail.com