[Rfu-station] RFU Meeting Notes

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 17 21:54:41 CDT 2007

A small meeting of about a half-dozen. Mike Passed the sign-up sheet
around and filed it afterwards.

Still desperately need the reconciliation for the RFU account from
IMC-Finance. Not knowing what our balance is is impeding planning for
permanent tower and dealing with several equipment problems. Mike noted
that Finance is very close to completing this project.

PLEASE NOTE: The consumption of alcoholic beverages, as well as smoking,
is strictly forbidden in the RFU studio by station policy, IMC policy,
and FCC policy. You risk losing your show if you engage in such
behavior. Period.

A reminder: Several people had questions about various equipment issues.
Please note that all such issues should be reported to either
rfu at ucimc.org or to rfu-tech at ucimc.org otherwise no one will know about
them. We've had intermittent reports of the transmitted shutting down,
but not enough data to diagnose the problem. Better reporting might help
with this and any other problem you might have in the studio. The email
lists must be used for these reports or who will know what's wrong?

The next meeting will be August 7. This is the last meeting before Quad
Day, which is Tuesday August 21. RFU, along with the rest of the IMC, is
participating in Quad Day. Ray is handling the RFU portion of this in
the Nevada St. afternoon events, but we also need help with staffing the
table on the Quad. Do you have an hour or two to help?

We're still looking for a volunteer to take over the tasks of station
manager, working with the other volunteers to make sure that we stay on
the air and put up the permanent tower.
Mike Lehman