[Rfu-station] Re: [RFU] Station logs

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Jul 25 09:12:54 CDT 2007

Hi Nick,
Ann Sibley is bringing in a batch of log sheets this morning. Thanks for
responding, though.

Folks,
It should be noted that this incident just re-emphasizes the existing
need for mass retraining of all programming groups. The log sheet is the
one FCC-REQUIRED piece of paperwork that EVERY member of EVERY
programming group needs to ABSOLUTELY take great care to COMPLETE
FAITHFULLY every time they are on the air. But too many seem clueless
about it!

Either fill out the log or you should just go home and not broadcast
that day!

EVERY and any group who fails to properly complete a proper log entry
(including the transmitter check, of course) is subject to suspension.

This is YOUR radio station, but a significant number of you are putting
the station's ability to keep transmitting -- and all programming groups
who do properly follow the regulations and rules --in DANGER. I've
already noted the need for retraining, as have others in the past. This
is something that is up to the membership under our station structure.

I've taken much of this responsibility as station manager, but have not
had the time to properly follow-up everything -- I've already noted the
need for someone to replace me at the last several station meetings --
but unless people step forward, note the offenders and follow-through by
suspending those who do not comply with these requirements, I can't do
it any more. We either need a new station manager -- or more properly as
provided for in our station structure -- we need an _active group_ to
take charge of this important station responsibility. Those who are
following the regulations probably do not want to be drug down by those
who don't.

If all of this sounds confusing to you, then you need to contact me ASAP
to learn what you need to do to avoid endangering our ability to keep
broadcasting.
Mike Lehman