[Rfu-station] Re: [rfu-tech] partial resolution of speakers / guest phones issue

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Tue May 8 22:35:42 CDT 2007

Joe,
Thanks for looking into these problems and fixing what you could.

Everyone,
I am cc-ing the RFU-station list so that:

1.) You know some of the recent problems should be corrected. The
monitors are working on one side. The problem with the monitors' sound
is just in the studio, but at least you can hear part of what's going
out now. The problem with the phone interface may now be fixed if the
improper connection that Joe corrected was the only problem. Let us know
if it works or not, as Joe didn't say whether he got a chance to check
the phone part of things. Radio:Edit doesn't take many phone calls...:)

2.) This problem was caused by someone rewiring things because they
thought they knew what they were doing...
but they obviously did NOT know what they were doing!
Everyone else had to suffer with the problems for more than a week
because of their incompetence.

3.) Please report problems with the equipment to rfu-tech at ucimc.org.
Tech will try to fix things as soon as possible, but we could use your
help. Please volunteer if you'd like to learn how to help.

But please don't rewire or fiddle with things that you are not competent
to test for correct operation.
Mike Lehman