[Rfu-station] Isaac and Judd Hawkins intro

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 23 20:41:07 CDT 2007

  Hello, we are Isaac and Judah Hawkins.  Isaac is 13 and Judah is 11.  We are home schoolers in Champaign.  Doing a radio show sounded like a lot of fun and after today, we have decided that we were right.  This year we each took two classes at Franklin Middle School, but next year we are not doing that.  We wanted to have something regular to do for our school work.  The radio show is a way that we can cover world history, language arts, speech, music, and just have fun.  Being associated with the IMC helps to involve us in the community and with other people.

  Here is the new description of our show that we have written.  We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

  Isaac and Judah signing off.

  Do you know the difference between a ballad and an aria? Or can you explain why a song is considered country, rock and roll, classical, or jazz? Can you describe the tone, timbre and pitch of a note? What else was happening in the world when Beethoven wrote his Fifth Symphony? Why did ZZ Top pick that as their name? Whether you are musical student, or just like to listen to good music and want to increase your musical knowledge, this is the show for you. Two young local violinists who are brothers host the show. We will feature local musicians and artisans, with interviews and live music. There is also a fun hangman game which callers can play, naming composers, bands, and artists both modern and historical.