[Rfu-station] And this is how the Electronics Sale went

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 21 13:43:57 CDT 2007

So here is how the electronics sale went.  We did end up with two CPUs that were donated by an IMC member.  One man tried to bring in a CRT monitor during the sale;  I thanked him and explained that we do not accept CRT monitors.  So what we sold were previously donated items to WRFU that had been taking up valuable storage space in the vault.

  There were very few items in the sale, since their were negligible donations.  When customers came in and commented about how little there was, I said that yes, we have sold quite a bit, and I told them that there will be another sale next year, to watch for that.  I also talked to people about bringing donations in for next year's sale.  Some of these people may have been IMC members, but I don't recognize all the members, so if I gave an IMC member the impression that we had scads of stuff earlier, sorry.  I just didn't want the general public to think this wasn't worth their time to come to.  I would rather they thought, "Wow I need to get there early next year."

  I forgot to make a final count of the money before I put it in the drop box.  It was around $60 including some money that an IMC member paid for some items that he put directly in the drop and is not in the envelope.  So we did make a bit of money.  The items that are left over will be brought to my home and my sons will sell them gradually in their ongoing garage sale.  As they sell, they will put the money in the drop.

  I also had a chance to talk about the IMC, the IMC fest, and the Kids on the Radio Event.  I had several very nice conversations, and made a contact for the Kids on the Radio event.  A woman let me know that Westview School (which is in Unit 4 so is not in session that day )uses the radio as a regular part of the curriculum.  So I will be contacting them, and hopefully the event is something they will let their kids know about.

  Lavana