[Rfu-station] Help Needed: Getting WEFT CD Donation and Printing Raise the Tower Tshirts Saturday, Oct. 27

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 24 10:46:46 CDT 2007

Two opportunities for meeting credit for your programming group through
volunteer station work come up this Saturday, Oct. 27.

It is now confirmed that we can pick up the ~100 crates of CDs that WEFT
is donating to WRFU. Please meet in the lobby at WRFU/UC IMC at 12:45pm
on Saturday morning to help with this. We are scheduled to pick the CDs
up at WEFT at 1pm. Jim has volunteered his pickup and I will have my
trailer. We also need at least a couple more volunteers to help carry
the crates of CDs out of WEFT, load them, them unload and store them at
WRFU.

Also, at noon on Saturday, Maiko will open the silkscreen studio so that
we can print up the Raise the Tower t-shirts. The screen has already
been made, so it will be all about printing about 70 shirts. This will
take about two hours or so, including cleanup. Maiko's studio is in the
basement of the IMC, almost directly beneath the WRFU studio. Your #4
key opens the narrow door opposite the door to the studio, then you go
down the stairs and the studio is right at the bottom of the stairs. Or
use one of the other basement entrances and go around to the northwest
corner via the hallway and you'll be there. Maiko needs 3 or 4 helpers
to print the shirts.

Several people volunteered to help with these tasks at the last station
meeting. However, we could always use more help with both these
important projects. After we are done, we'll have 1,000s of CDs to fill
our music library and lots of T-shirts to sell to raise money for the tower.

See you Saturday,
Mike Lehman