[Rfu-station] Kids on the Radio went well

RANDALL R HAWKINS lrhawkins at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 29 18:34:59 CDT 2007

The Kids on the Radio event went well.  We had about 15 kids who stopped by and had a great time.  We now have supplies to do this again as an event, either drop in like today, or for arranged groups.  (which might be a bit easier)  I am not sure what was put in the donation box, probably not much.  Nick ran the stage, so kids were able to sit on stage and practice skits with microphones (which they loved).  We had stations set up with several activities that the kids did seem enjoy (especially the skits and choosing a song to play on the air.)  and Fred did an absolutely wonderful job engaging kids in conversations on the air and in helping make sure all appropriate buttons were pushed, unpushed or slid to the right level, while he was peeking over shoulders or dashing from place to place.  It was great afternoon, and we look forward to doing it again.  We did not have any media show up (bummer).  Maybe next time.

  Lavana