[Rfu-station] RFU Meeting, Tuesday Sept. 4 at 8pm

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 3 20:07:21 CDT 2007

The next RFU meeting is Tuesady, Sept. 4 at 8pm, downstairs in the
Family Room at the IMC. The easiest entrance is via the Elm St. door to
the building.

There will be updates on the tower, fundraising, our financial status
and a proposal from RFU-Membership to revise memberships so that all
fall due at once. We also received a donation of some studio equipment
from WORT and will have a report on that.

Send additional agenda items to the RFU list or bring them to the meeting.

Mike Lehman

Here's the Membership proposal on when membership in the station
expires, as well as a modest dues increase to make it easy to prorate
memberships on a monthly basis:

Currently each member pays for one year when they join RFU, and renews
one year from that date. All members have different renewal dates, but
this requires constant work to keep up to date with renewal notices,
which we haven't been able to achieve. It also causes confusion about
when a new membership year starts for individual members. The failure to
follow-up on dues renewals also has had an impact on the station's
finances, since most of our operating income is dependent on membership.
The additional $4 a year is needed help restore the station finances, as
well as to make it easy to compute prorated dues.

Membership dues  begin on Sept 1 each year. Membership will be $24 for
one year from Sept to Sept (or $2 per month). If members have already
renewed this year, the amount will be prorated into a figure to carry
through to Sept 2008. Members due for renewal between now and next Sept
they will only renew through Sept of 2008. All memberships that are
currently overdue for renewal, will renew now through Sept 2008. All
overdue renewals will be considered due Sept 1. Then in Sept 2008, all
current members will renew. When new members join their membership will
be prorated to carry them through to next Sept. This will make it much
simpler for the Membership Group to keep track of renewals, and thus
will make it simpler for members to renew.