[Rfu-station] Re: [RFU] mtg minutes SEP 18 07

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 20 12:34:32 CDT 2007

Here's the notes in text form for easy archiving. Thanks for taking and
posting them, Cristobal!
Mike Lehman

9-18-2007 WRFU General Meeting.

Group Reports:

Tech: broadcasting in stereo again. Crucial broadcasting and transmitter
equipment will be relocated to the production room.

Membership: As of January 1^st shows not participating in general
meetings will be subject to cancellation. All programming groups must
attend a minimum of one meeting a month and participate with a working
group. Shows not signing the operation log in the studio (an FCC
violation) will also be subject to cancellation.

Finance: several proposals are in the works. THIS THURSDAY SEP 27^TH
TRIVIA NIGHT AT ESQUIRE 7:30 PM. $3-$5 to play. Please contact CUBAN
MISSLE CRISIS programming group to donate any prizes. Random things
accepted.

Nov 18-20 electronics garage sale. Donations now being taken. Talk to
Mike Lehman. NO CRV MONITORS. First day will be a preview for WRFU/IMC
members only.

Farmers Market:

Update: We will begin our table this weekend. Please sign up or stop by to

Help answer questions, give information and collect donations. Put your
flyer for your show on the table. Cost will be $54 for the rest of the
season.

Membership Proposal [Passed w/ concerns noted].

Membership will be $18 annually due on September 1 of each year
beginning now.

Prorating will be done on a case by case basis throughout the year. DUES
WILL BE

COLLECTED AT NEXT GENERAL MEETING. DON’T FORGET.

[The concern surfaced in a couple of weeks of discussion regarding
raising membership

dues may exclude some potential participants. We should keep in mind
that programming groups should not bear the burden of financing the
station, rather we should be looking to the community to support the
station.]

IMC FEST:

Nov 9-11. Simulcast over the whole weekend was approved. If you want to
do your show coordinate with Dan Blah to do it live from the FEST.

Graphic Contest:

3 entries were rendered. Finance group will work up the final logo for
t-shirts, flyers, etc.

New Shows:

Cuban Missle Crisis (has been filling 5-7pm Monday time slot). Good show.

Nomadic Coral Reef (have not heard it yet!)

Next Meeting will be first Tuesday evening 8-9pm in October. We finished
before 9pm this time!