[Rfu-station] Sustaining Funders Wanted to Support the UCIMC

Nicole Pion nicole at ucimc.org
Tue Jul 22 10:41:54 CDT 2008

The finance working group would like to share a quick summer update with all
IMC members and ask for your support with a new opportunity. Starting this
summer, OJC Technologies will be moving to a new office space in downtown
Urbana. Their critical support of the IMC will not change.

What will change is the use of the second floor of the Post Office Building.
We see this as an opportunity to expand our space and open up our building
to more non-profits, community groups, artists, and many others!  By sharing
space with other non-profits, the IMC will lose the revenue generated by IMC
Technology's rent. But, we believe that the value of increasing our public
space will further the IMC's mission and bring new returns to our community.

To do this, we need the support of 100 IMC members as Sustaining Funders!
Your support will help us to maintain fiscal independence while expanding
our services.  Sustaining Funders contribute $25-50 on a monthly basis for
the duration of one year. This payment can be set up via paypal (
http://www.ucimc.org/info/donate). Funders are also welcome to contact the
finance working group (finance at ucimc.org).

Your support will provide the IMC with the ability to maximize the potential
of our organization. We hope that the generosity of our members will allow
us to once again expand voice of independent media, social justice, and
aligned causes through the use of the second floor of the Post Office
Building.

In solidarity,

UC IMC Finance Working Group