[Rfu-station] how to make sure transmitter check works

Mike Lehman rebelmike at earthlink.net
Wed May 21 11:00:37 CDT 2008

Forwarded to the RFU-Station list on behalf of Joe:

Hi RFUers, I have confirmed that the transmitter check only works from
one of the two accounts you can log into on the studio computer. One
account is called "WRFU" and the other account is called "wrfu user".
The "WRFU" account has the standard XP background (the field and cloudy
sky) and the transmitter check program doesn't work. The "wrfu user"
account has a plain blue background and the transmitter check program
works. I added a transmitter check icon to the center of the screen on
that account. If you're at the studio and the "WRFU" account is logged
in, and you need to check the transmitter, you can go to the start menu
and switch to the other account. Click start, then click Log off, then
click Switch User, then select "wrfu user". If you get the transmitter
check working, I suggest closing whatever else you have on the studio
computer desktop and leaving it running as a courtesy to the next
airshifter. Ideally the program should work from both accounts, but I
haven't figured out how to do that. In the meantime maybe I could create
screen backgrounds that contain instructions?
-- Joe Futrelle Person