[Rfu-station] Station Update May 14, 2008

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Wed May 14 14:46:18 CDT 2008

ADMINISTRATION
I'm going to be in St Louis from this evening through to Friday. I'll
be available by phone to deal with any queries that arise, but
obviously won't be able to physically check on stuff until my return.

A reminder: if you can't check the transmitter using the computer LET
ME KNOW. I got a call Monday, and was able to check on stuff - it
appears the serial cable became disconnected from the back of the
computer - but I noticed that people from at least Sunday morning had
been unable to check, but had only noted this in the log.

Once again: checking the transmitter regularly is a condition of our
license. We have some problems with our current equipment, but
they're generally fixable with some minimal investigation by myself
or another tech-savvy member. I appreciate that people are now noting
problems with the computer in the log, as requested - but it's also
important that you let me, and/or the rest of the station (through
the mailing lists) know, in order that we can address problems you
haven't been able to fix.

OUTREACH
Last Saturday was the first Farmers' Market at Lincoln Square. The
Hawkins family opened up and ran the WRFU stand from 8-10am, and I
took over from 10-12. It was a fun experience, we talked to a range
of folks, interested in the Kids on the Radio and other opportunities.

We need more publicity materials - for individual shows, and for the
station as a whole - as well as merchandise to sell. We also need
more members to help out with the stand.

If you haven't already signed up for a shift, please do so.

FUNDRAISING
I have got agreement from two different musical groups willing to
play at a fundraiser for WRFU - all we need to do now is organize and
promote such an event. Volunteers to finalize a date, draw in other
participants, and promote the event around town?

MEETING
This Saturday is our next meeting - 1pm in the Library Nook. A
reminder that it's a potluck, so if you can, please bring a dish to
share.

Our plan is for Saturday meetings to be less formal, and a space to
get to know each other, as well as working together on some tasks the
station needs (like moving the final few boxes of CDs from the
production room).

See you then!

Andrew

Andrew Ó Baoill