[Rfu-station] Re: The Loudness of Speakers

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Sat Jan 31 13:58:45 CST 2009

First, I'm happy to hear that we have a new tenant for the space, and
welcome Bette to the building. I look forward to getting to meet you,
and am always available at andrew at funferal.org or at 217-766-1480 if
you have any questions or comments.

WRFU already has plans to build an insulating structure between our
studio and the adjoining office. We're hoping to accomplish it in the
coming weeks - obviously volunteer availability is a constraining
factor here, but it's something we've been working on over the past
while and hope to have completed shortly.

For a number of reasons I don't believe that a total ban on speaker
use is useful or productive, but we will discuss this and other
possibilities at the next WRFU meeting. (We already have a general
policy of encouraging producers to keep speaker volumes at reasonable
levels during office hours, which shouldn't cause interference to
neighbors, and which has been generally effective.) The meetings are,
of course, open to the public, so if Chris, Bette or others want to
attend to be part of this conversation they will be welcome. I'm
copying this mail to the RFU lists, so that our members have sight of
the agenda item in advance of our meeting this coming Tuesday.

Andrew