[Rfu-station] Free Flyers?

Raymond Morales rmorales02 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 17:57:17 CST 2009

I submitted this as part of a request to SORF to fund business cards which
will act as flyers for our Registered Student Organization to allow up to "5
programming groups of the IMC, UIUC Chapter" to order these flyers and be
reimbursed.

Requirements:
(1) Member has to be a UIUC Student
(2) Must make the request to me
(3) Must provide the funds upfront + share of shipping.
(4) Must provide design with mandate that "FUNDED BY SORF" visibly appear on
it.

If this request is approved by SORF, then on March 27 or after, we can put
an order in to M13graphics.com to get 2,500 cards for $79 each. I'd like to
make a queue to see how many programming groups are interested. Email me
individually and express interest.

If only 5 or less express interest, then we will proceed. If there are more
than 5, then I will try to figure out a fair and equitable way to pick the
5.

I am putting in the  first request on behalf of The Show.

-Ray

"In place of committees, our RSO consists of programming groups each seeking
to create independent media for and by the UIUC community. This
communication request, if funded, will allow 5 of our programming groups to
purchase UV Coated flyers (2"x3.5").

We entered 12,500 because M13graphics charges about 3.16 cents per flyer
when you order 2,500 totaling $79. Since we want to give 5 programming
groups the opportunity to produce flyers at the cheapest rate possible, we
multiply $79 by 5 to get $395 and 2,500 to get 12,500 flyers. While this may
seem like a large number, it is important to remember that 2,500 flyers is
only enough to directly advertise to less than 6.5% of the student body.
Along with that, if we order less, the price per flyer doubles.

Since SORF allows up to 10 cents for the first 100 and 5 cents after, we
respectfully requested the full amount of this potential expenditure."
MD/PhD Candidate in Biochemistry

Membership Chair, National Board
National Network of Latin American Medical Students
http://www.nnlams.org/

VP of Information, Midwest Region
National Network of Latin American Medical Students
http://www.nnlams.org/midwest

Host of THE SHOW
http://www.youtube.com/UHPstudentatUIUC