[Rfu-station] IMPORTANT Station News - workday and volunteering / open slots / rules

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Mar 16 12:15:40 CDT 2009

At our last station meeting we decided to hold a station workday. ALL
members MUST attend the workday OR sign up for specific ongoing
station tasks. As a volunteer-run station, we rely on members to step
forward and take care of the many small tasks that keep the station
running. You'll also remember that assisting with one of our working
groups is a requirement of station involvement. Please see full notice
below.

An alcohol container was recently found in the station trash-can.
Please note that drinking in studio is against IMC rules, which
require that alcohol consumption only be allowed in the building with
approval from the Steering Council. Also, the station operator is
responsible, under FCC regulations, for overseeing station operations,
and must not be impaired in their judgement, so drinking while on air
(or immediately before going on air) is generally incompatible with
this role.

We continue to have various openings in our schedule - please
encourage friends or colleagues who might be interested in joining the
station to consider applying. In particular, we have a small number of
evening slots available - Saturday and Sunday 6-8pm, Monday 6-7pm,
Tuesday 9-10pm. Saturday and Sunday daytimes are largely empty, and
Tue-Thur mornings (8-12) are empty.

Andrew

WORKDAY NOTICE

WRFU will hold a workday on March 21st, to work on various group
projects, from construction to recording station IDs. We also have a
range of ongoing tasks, from email list moderation, to cleaning
studio, to processing new music received, which need volunteer
involvement.

As a volunteer collective, the station relies on YOUR participation in
these tasks.

Please indicate on the sheet on the station notice-board whether you
will be at the workday. If you will not, you must indicate what
ongoing task(s) you are committing to within the station. (You are
welcome to attend the workday and take responsibility for a regular
task!)

Remember that active involvement in working groups is a requirement of
participation in WRFU, and is how we stay on air. This workday and
task sign-up process was adopted, at the station meeting on 2 March,
as a means to ensure that responsibility for these tasks is shared
fairly and transparently.