[Rfu-station] IMPORTANT Station News - workday and volunteering / open slots / rules

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Mon Mar 16 12:42:37 CDT 2009

Ray has raised questions about whether the date will pose conflicts
for students and others leaving town over Spring Break.

We considered the conflicts when setting the date. The date is the
same as our regular Saturday meeting, and other possible dates were
either to far in the future or the IMC was already in use.

Those who cannot attend the workday should commit to one or more of
the ongoing tasks we have identified. Getting volunteers for these
tasks is at least as important as turnout for the workday. Because of
this, we don't think that the workday conflict with Spring Break
should interfere with members being able to pledge to do their part
for the station.

Most of the ongoing tasks are associated with individual working
groups, and we will be sending messages to each of the working group
lists with details of relevant tasks - some mails have already gone
out. I also include the full list of recurring tasks below. You can
sign up *either* by filling out the sheet in studio, or by emailing
me, or the contact person for your working group.

Andrew

On Mar 16, 2009, at 12:30 PM, Raymond Morales wrote:

> I have to be in NYC for a conference from March 18-23. This is also
> the Saturday that is the start of Spring Break. For those students
> not from the area and those going on vacation in the community, I
> think that this date will have many conflicts.
>
> Regardless, I will not be able to attend on account of the
> aforementioned commitment.
>
> Ray

IDENTIFIED TASK LIST - RECURRING TASKS

You should sign up for two small tasks, or for 1 large task:

Smaller tasks:
1. MEMBERSHIP Make sure clean logs and meeting attendance forms are
available
2. MEMBERSHIP Maintain a paper copy of show schedule for bulletin
board in lobby
3. AUTOMATION Maintain online PSA list
4. MEMBERSHIP Maintain online schedule
5. FINANCE Provide financial report to meetings
6. EMERGENCY CONTACT 1
7. EMERGENCY CONTACT 1
8. EMERGENCY CONTACT 2
9. EMERGENCY CONTACT 3
10. Finance list moderator
11. Outreach list moderator
12. Tech list moderator
13. Membership list moderator
14. Automation list moderator

Larger tasks
1. RFU and RFU-Station lists moderator
2. Meeting Organizer (1)
3. Meeting Organizer (2)
4. TECH Group Coordinator , call and facilitate meetings, report to
main meeting
5. TECH vacuuming and basic cleaning of the studio
6. MEMBERSHIP Update web site with current schedule
7. MEMBERSHIP Process Meeting Attendance Forms
8. MEMBERSHIP Process airtime applications / Maintain file of
membership and program groups
9. MEMBERSHIP Group Coordinator , call and facilitate meetings, report
to main meeting
10. MEMBERSHIP Process show log regularly, move to public file
11. MEMBERSHIP / work with finance and Chief Operator on membership
renewal process in August-October
12. OUTREACH  Group Coordinator , call and facilitate meetings, report
to main meeting
13. OUTREACH - Produce regular WRFU newsletter
14. OUTREACH - Farmers' Market coordinator (reserve spot, get staff
for booth)
15. OUTREACH - Liason to IMC-Steering
16. AUTOMATION  Group Coordinator , call and facilitate meetings,
report to main meeting
17. AUTOMATION - Maintain public affairs podcasts on automation system
18. AUTOMATION - Process new music (1)
19. AUTOMATION - Process new music (2)
20. AUTOMATION - Record audio version of PSAs, Station IDs, promos
21. FINANCE Group Coordinator , call and facilitate meetings, report
to main meeting
22. FINANCE Underwriting project (1)
23. FINANCE Underwriting project (2)
24. FINANCE Underwriting project (3)