[Rfu-station] Minutes from WRFU Tuesday meeting

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Thu May 7 18:07:24 CDT 2009

We had a small meeting on Tuesday, with myself, reps from our new show
(Collective Thought - Tuesday at 9pm), Radio Triple R, and new member
Lori Serb.

In formal business. Decisions and what-not:
1 We APPROVED the inclusion of Collective Thought in the schedule in
the Tuesday 9-10m slot. Welcome!

2 SUMMER HIATUS CONSENSUS: This year, as in previous years, we will
allow regularly scheduled shows to go on hiatus through the summer
months, reflecting the fact that many volunteers move out of town
during the summer. If you want to go on hiatus during the summer, you
must apply before our meeting on May 16. Send a message to myself, the RFU-membership at lists.chambana.net
  list, or to the main list, announcing your intention. We will deal
with all these applications at the May 16 meeting.

If a show stops airing through the summer, without giving notice by
the 16th, we may assume they've stopped permanently and give the slot
away to another group.

[Note: if you plan to end production permanently, you should also send
a message to the lists at the earliest opportunity, so we can make
your slot available to others]

At our May 16 meeting we will make a decision on what date shows must
resume by in order to regain their slot at the end of the summer -
this date will be around the start of the U of I academic year, unless
another date is agreed with a particular group.

3 T-shirt printing. We got some more volunteers at the meeting. Since
the meeting I've learnt a new batch of t-shirts has actually recently
been completed, but depending on sales at the benefit, we may need
more for use at the Farmers' Market, so we'll keep an eye on this.

4 Speaking of which: we need volunteers to coordinate our Farmers'
Market stand, and also to operate the stand on Saturday mornings. I'll
put up a sign in studio soon, checking when volunteers will be
available for the market, and we can make our initial set of bookings
on that basis.

5 PSA policy: CONSENSUS to continue with the restriction of only
allowing non-profit groups/events to run PSAs.

Other items discussed:
- The lock for the IMC changed recently. The #4 key still gets you
into studio, but not into the main space.
- There will be an automation group meeting soon - watch out on-list
for announcements
- We need more trainers - and trainers need to contact Noel (or send a
message on the RFU-membership list) so we know when training is
available
- BENEFIT - May 16. Mike 'n' Molly's. Be there. :-)
- Urbana has Arts Grants opportunities. Deadline next week. Want to
apply for a radio-related project? Cool. Let me know and I'll put you
in touch with people who can help.

Andrew