[Rfu-station] WRFU fundraising challenge

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Thu May 7 17:26:46 CDT 2009

We're reaching the end of the academic year, and just 9 days from the
WRFU fundraising benefit at Mike'n'Molly's.

For some of you, the end of the semester will mark the end of your
time at WRFU, for others the adventure continues. I want to take this
time to issue a challenge - to ask each of you to give what you can to
help make our new tower a reality. Perhaps it can be a parting gift to
the station. Perhaps you will think of it as an investment in your
community.

For each new donation towards our tower fund of $50 or more that we
get from a member of WRFU or the IMC between now and our meeting on
May 16th, I will add an extra $10.

If just two people take up my challenge, we'll raise at least $120 for
the station. Ten people, upwards of $600. And so on....

We already have $15k in cash and pledges. We need to raise about
another $5000 in order to make our tower project a reality. We'll be
launching an underwriting campaign in the coming weeks, and that will
hopefully move us closer, but every bit helps.

So, drop your donation into the drop-box at the IMC (be sure to
include your name and to mention that the donation is for the WRFU
Tower Fund), and if you can drop me an email, so I can keep a running
tally, that would be great.

Remember: Donating $50 or more during this period means an extra $10
for the station.

Want to make another donation challenge/matching offer to our members
and supporters, providing additional incentives? Go ahead!

And remember to turn out for our benefit on 16th!

Andrew

Terms:
- Donations are in addition to RFU/IMC membership fees.
- New pledges made between now (May 6) and 1pm on the 16th, and paid
by the end of May, will count.
- I'll honor a maximum of 25 matching donations.