[Rfu-station] Meeting Saturday; Summer hiatus; Benefit reminder

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Tue May 12 16:57:52 CDT 2009

WRFU's next membership meeting is this Saturday at 1pm at the IMC.

A reminder that attendance at meetings is a requirement of all
members, and a core part of how we keep this volunteer-run collective
going.

Agenda items will include:
- Reports from working groups (Automation, Membership/Training,
Finance, Tech, and Outreach)
- Finance/Steering action on appropriating WRFU's audio equipment fund
- Volunteer needed: to interview applicant(s) for Champaign Consortium
job, Thursday 21st.
- Station Manager position.

I've been talking with some individuals who are interested in acting
as manager in the coming year, so we may make a decision as early as
this Saturday - please make an effort to be present and take part in
this important process. If you're interested in acting as manager, or
in stepping forward to help ensure a particular part of our operation
continues to run smoothly, please let me know.

Remember to send any additional agenda items to me in advance of the
meeting.

***

At our last meeting we decided that all requests for Summer hiatuses
must be received by this Saturday, and that we will formally consider
the requests at the meeting. So far I've received no such requests. If
you plan to stop broadcasting during the summer, your timeslot may be
allocated to another group unless you have an approved hiatus.

***

A reminder that the WRFU Benefit is this Saturday at Mike 'n' Molly's,
from 5:30pm onward. Wonderful local acts on the bill, $4 in, a great
way to help the station. Be there.

***

The online pledge drive launched on Friday has already netted $330 for
the station. Remember - we have $15 in matching donations for each
donation of $50 or more made between now and our meeting on Saturday.
We're also, of course, accepting donations of all sizes. Please
consider pledging what you can!

Andrew