[Rfu-station] WRFU challenge update

Andrew Ó Baoill andrew at funferal.org
Wed May 13 14:43:47 CDT 2009

Nine members and supporters of WRFU have so far made donations,
including matches, totalling $405. This is a great statement of
support for our station, as well as making an important dent in the
remaining portion of our Tower Fund campaign.

I'm hoping we can make an even deeper dent. Donations can be made
online at wrfu.net/donate or by leaving your donation (cash/check) in
an envelope in the Drop Box in the IMC main space. If you email me
details of your pledge or donation I'll be able to update our totals
as we go. Remember that donations of $50 or more trigger matching
donations of $15!

The WRFU Tower campaign has so far raised over $15,000 in donations,
with a total goal of $20,000. This money will fund the purchase and
erecting of a permanent 100-foot tower for the station, improving our
broadcast range and ensuring we can continue to provide services to
our community into the future.

Remember we have our next fundraising event this Saturday at Mike 'n'
Molly's. Over a dozen local groups will provide over 7 hours of music
and poetry. Only $4 to get in, and experience some great
entertainment. I look forward to seeing you all there!

The artists playing on Saturday are investing their time and energy in
WRFU because they recognize the value of a local station that places
such an emphasis on local music and local programming. You can show
your support by turning out on Saturday, and by pledging an additional
donation now:

Go to wrfu.net/donate to learn how to make your donation online
Email me (andrew at funferal.org) with details of your pledge.

There's still another $285 in matching donations on the table. Each
donation of $50 ensures that WRFU will collect more of that money. Can
you help the station secure these matching funds? Email me with your
pledge.

See you all on Saturday!

Andrew

Andrew Ó Baoill