[Tbtn] outreach letter matters -- PLEASE HELP

ruxandra m costescu rcostesc at uiuc.edu
Tue Apr 6 01:02:38 CDT 2004

Hey, here's a list of the groups we need to contact, that
Ross and I brainstormed between the two of us, starting with
last year's list -- we already took some of them, could you
each take of couple (or even one!) of the remaining ones?
The idea is to get contact info (a person and a mailing
address and an email address if available). Sue, I know you
said you were withdrawing from the committee, but could you
please get us the info for the LGBT groups you're working
with (also, is Day of Silence a guaranteed co-sponsor or
what? :) ):

Also, if anyone has any other ideas, please feel free to add
to the list (just reply to this). We should send these out
by the start of next week at the latest -- so the meeting on
Sunday will be a sort of deadline, I'll bring envelopes,
we'll probably just take care of it all then (but we need to
have the list of contacts finalized).

The letter is at:
https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/rcostesc/www/tbtn/tbtnoutreach.doc

Here it goes:

-The 85% Coalition:

-Alpha Delta Rho Multicultural Sorority, Inc.: Ruxandra

-Alpha Psi Lambda: Ruxandra

-Campus for Choice:

-Champaign County Health Care Consumers: Ruxandra

-Champaign County NOW:

-College Democrats:

-Feminist Majority:

-G.E.O.: Ruxandra

-Illinois Disciples Foundation: Ruxandra

-Lambda Tau Omega Sorority, Inc.: Ruxandra

-League of Women Voters:

-Men Against Sexual Violence: Ross

-NAACP:

-National Council of Negro Women:

-Pandora's Rag: Ross

-Parkland College Counseling Center: Ross

-Planned Parenthood/ Teen Awareness Group: Ross? or Zoe?
Erin?

-Pre-Professional Organization for Women

-Progressive Resource/Action Cooperative: Ruxandra

-RAGG: Ariel?

-Rape Crisis Services: Ross

-Sexual Health Peer Educators: Ariel?

-Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.: Ruxandra

-Sigma Lambda Gamma Sorority: Ruxandra

-SisterNet:

-South Asian Collective: Ruxandra

-UC-IMC: Ruxandra? or Zoe, you want to take it?

-U of I Office of Women's Programs: Ross

-U of I Women's Studies Department

-U of I Counseling Center: Ross

-University YMCA: Ruxandra

-University YWCA: Ruxandra

-Urban League:

-Urbana City Council: Ruxandra?

-A Woman's Fund: Ross

-Women Against Racism: Ruxandra

-Women in Engineering: Ruxandra

-Women Rising in Resistance

-Women's Direct Action Collective: Ruxandra

-Women's Health Task Force: Ruxandra