[Tbtn] Re: Today's SAAM meeting

Zoe S. zoespice66 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 25 23:06:59 CST 2004

And I'll explain..to me TBTN is about being
>loud, big and demanding that society take women and violence against them
>serious, having a talk about how we need to learn to defend ourselves seems
>to reiterate to point that women should not be out alone at night and that
>it's a woman's responsibility to not become a victim.

i think that it is equally important to recognize that every night is not
take back the night and that we _should_ learn how to use our strength and
voice to protect ourselves. in essence take back the night is demanding that
society take women and violence against them seriously, but also having that
one night where you are free from the guardianship of a boy. to me, feeling
and knowing that i have the ability within me to get my own back makes every
night take back the night. learning to defend ourselves proves that women
should be alone at night, and will be alone at night.

that is just my feeling on the matter.