[Trees-executive] our rep for 10th

j-beauch at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu j-beauch at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 4 15:17:05 CDT 2001

Actually, I was getting reading for that. Here it is:

    Trees by Sergeant Joyce Kilmer (1914)

    I think that I shall never see
    A poem lovely as a tree.

    A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
    Against the earth's sweet flowing breast;

    A tree that looks at God all day,
    And lifts her leafy arms to pray;

    A tree that may in Summer wear
    A next of robins in her hair;

    Upon whose bosom snow has lain;
    Who intimately lives with rain.

    Poems are made by fools like me,
    But only God can make a tree.

Unfortunately, I can't remember lines. However, I have a wonderful
song rendition by Sara Vaughan, that we could play at the beginning
of the meeting to set the tone for our assembly.

Jim