[Trees-executive] Summary

j-beauch at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu j-beauch at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Wed Apr 11 20:18:18 CDT 2001

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your summary of last Friday's meeting. It seems that you were
able to ask only a subset of your questions in the time allotted. I like
your questions, but most of the answers were "Don't know, will find out".
I guess we'll have to wait to see what you receive. Do you see any new
information so far?

It seems like a lot of the rationalization for their intransigence is
based on one incident where a boy lost his arm. I think we need to ask
them about the statistics of such occurrences. A boy lost his leg
recently to a train, but I don't see the railroads doing much of anything
to prevent these sorts of accidents. Planes crash too.

I have also heard that they have used the boy/arm argument for trees
that are absolutely unclimbable.

What about Gretchen and Laura, did they ask questions? If so, what were
the answers?

Jim