[Trees-executive] Trees and the Governor

Jerry Landay j-landay at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Fri May 18 10:26:32 CDT 2001

To the Excomm:

    I think the future of saving our trees from IP/Dynegy now rests on the
Governor's desk.  After all that's gone before, it would be a mistake to
assume that Ryan will do the right thing.  He is probably going to run
again, and is potentially susceptible to the blandishments of campaign $$$
from the likes of Com Ed and IP itself -- to veto Bill 1776.

    The trick is to remind him that potentially voters in this area,
represented by SOT, are carefully watching what he does and urging him to
sign the bill.  I think the organization as a whole should formally take
steps in that direction.

    Jerry M. Landay