[Trees] IP cutting

John Martirano martiran at ncsa.uiuc.edu
Tue Jun 5 13:14:21 CDT 2001

i've received a notice from illinois power indicating that they will
be in my "neighborhood" for tree pruning and/or removal sometime in
the next month.  I live on the 300 block of south elm St. in champaign
(old town).

are they allowed to be so vague about the date they will show up?

is there any way to block them?

what is there jurisdiction once they arrive?

what advice would you give me (Im going to document b4 with photos)?

my neighbor has a dead tree which he was going to have IP cut down,
will givving them the right to cut down that tree give them "free reign" ?

any advice would be much appreciated,

john martirano