[Vip-environmental] Weekly Update

Stephanie Juen juen at uiuc.edu
Mon Oct 24 12:02:40 CDT 2005

Hey Everyone!

I hope you all had a fabulous Homecoming weekend!

1) The deadline for submitting applications for VIP Board of
Directors has been extended to this coming Wednesday, Oct.
26th. So if you were thinking about applying but didn't get
around to it, you still have time!!! Keep on turning in
those applications for the next couple of days!

2) We will be having our next event this Wednesday, Oct.
26th as well. We will be doing seed collection with the
Champaign County Forest Preserve District. Meet at the Union
Circle Drive at 4pm, and we will return by 7pm. Please let
me know if you're interested.

3) We have been trying to work it out to help with a prairie
burn for some time now, but it involves a little know-how so
it hasn't happened yet. However...
Red Bison, another student group on campus, helps out with
burns fairly regularly. They are holding a workshop this
Thursday for people wanting to help out at their next one. I
would LOVE to have us attend and help out at their next burn
so if that sounds like something you're interested in,
please attend their meeting this Thursday and let me know
that you went so I have an idea of who is eligible to help.
Here is the info:

"Red Bison's burn workshop will be this Thursday (the 27th)
at 7pm at the Y. We will be going over safety, equipment, and
other necessary details for conducting a prescribed burn.  If
you are a new member you must (MUST!) come to this meeting if
you want to have an active role in any of the upcoming burns.
The meeting will run for at least an hour.  Old members, the
format will be different this year (power point oooooo
ahhhhh!) so you are all encouraged to come as well.  Snacks
will be provided."

Also, if you are really interested but are unable to go,
please let me know that as well. If we have enough people
who want to do this but can't go Thursday, I may be able to
set up something special for us with them. Let me know what
you guys think because I think it would be a great time!

Wrap-up:
1) Still time to apply for a Director Position!!!
2) Event this Wed. 4pm w/ CCFPD
3) Red Bison Prescribed Burn Workshop

Talk to you soon!

Stephanie Juen