[Vip-environmental] Weekly Update

Stephanie Juen juen at uiuc.edu
Wed Sep 21 05:05:58 CDT 2005

Hey!

Thanks to everyone who came out on Saturday and made the
Sangamon River Clean-up such a success! Your hard-work is
much appreciated!

Our next event will be this Saturday, Sept. 24th. We will be
doing a workday at Meadowbrook Prairie (with the Urbana Park
District). We will meet in the Union Circle Drive at 8:30am,
volunteer from 9-11am, and return to campus by around
11:30am. I am not positive what exactly we will be doing
yet, but it will most likely be non-native species removal.
If you are interested in helping out, please let me know.

The Salt Fork River Clean-up is coming up soon. It will be
the morning of October 8th, so keep that date in mind. If
you are planning on attending this event, I would appreciate
it if you could let me know as soon as possible. It is a
very popular one, and I am anticipating a large number of
volunteers, so I need to be able to plan for transportation.
Also, if anyone coming would be willing to bring his/her car
and drive, it would be a HUGE help! So please let me know if
you will be attending and if you are able and willing to
bring a car and take other volunteers in your vehicle.

Also, if you are interested in a coordinator position but
have not yet responded, please do so ASAP. I will be sending
out applications in the next day or two.

I hope to see a bunch of you on Saturday!

Stephanie Juen
VIP-Environmental Director