[Vip-environmental] APRIL EVENTS!!!

Sabrina Kuo skuo2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 3 00:10:32 CDT 2006

HELLO!!!

I hope that everyone had a great spring break! Here are a
few things going on with VIP-Environmental this month! get
excited!

1. Recycling at Za's
2. Education night with Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club
3. Sunshine Jubilee
4. EARTH DAY:Boneyard Creek Clean Up!

1. VIP-Environmental is now recycling at Za's Cafe on Green
St! I know that I sent out a previous e-mail about interests
in recycling.  This is just another reminder that if your
interested in helping out to let us know! We'd love your
help! This is a new and exciting program for us and we'd
really appreciate your support! E-mail the recycling
coordinators, Kate at slemer at uiuc.edu, Jenn at
jlwild2 at uiuc.edu, or me at skuo2 at uiuc.edu to find out more
information on the program and how to get involved! Look out
for the VIP signs the next time your at Za's!

2. The Don Moyer Boy's and Girls Club has a group of kids
from 10-13 years old that are part of a club called Torch
club.  They've been working on a plan to recycle paper in
their building and doing research about recycling (reasons
to recycle, benefits of recycling, what can be recycled,
ect.) for a community education campaign.  The club also has
an in with WBCP radio station.  Theyre looking for
suggestions for getting information out to the community and
we've organized an educational night for the kids to teach
them more about recycling and help them achieve their goal.
The night is April 12th from 4-5.  We're looking for anyone
who is willing to either A. help plan a lesson plan for the
night, B. Come along to teach the lesson plan, or C. help
out with both! If this is something your interested in
please e-mail the education coordinators, Lisa at
lcarlso2 at uiuc.edu, Molly at desalle2 at uiuc.edu, or myself at
skuo2 at uiuc.edu.

3. Sunshine Jubilee!
For those of you that aren't already aware of it, Sunshine
Jubilee is our chance, as the VIP Board of Directors to give
back to you guys!!! It's April 30th from 5-7 at frat park.
Awards will be given out to nominated volunteers and
coordinators.  There's going to be food, games, music and
lots of fun activities! If you have any idea for making the
day even more enjoyable please do not hesitate to email me
your suggestions, afterall this day is for YOU! Last year we
had a "pie your director" booth.  So there will be a lot of
things like that going on.  So save the date! get excited!
Its a great way to meet new people, hang out, and enjoy all
the hard work you've all done this semester with
volunteering!

4. EARTH DAY!!!!!!!!!
April 22nd is not only Earth Day but its also the kickoff to
National Volunteer Week! This year we're working with the
Urbana Park District as well as numerous other student
organizations to organize a Boneyard Creek Clean up.  This
is a BIG event for us.  For those of you that participated
in the Salt Fork River Cleanup this Fall, this is going to
be a lot like that.  Its a great way to give back while
enjoying the beautiful weather.  Who know's what we'll pull
out! The times are not set in stone yet, but I wanted to
send out a notice to save the date.

Ok so I apologize for this ridiculously LONG e-mail.  Just
to recap.

1. Recycling at Za's Cafe email the recycling coordinators
or myself if you'd like to take a more active role with the
recycling program.

2. If your interested in education, email the coordinators
or myself to help out with the Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club
event.

3. Sunshine Jubilee April 30th frat park 5-7 pm.  email me
if you have any fun activity suggestions.

4. EARTH DAY! BONEYARD CREEK CLEAN UP! Save the date! April
22nd.

Thanks guys! Have a great week!

-Sabrina
Sabrina Kuo
University of Illinois-Urbana, Champaign
Soph in Animal Sciences
Alpha Delta Pi Sorority
Alpha Zeta Fraternity
VIP Environmental Director